Monday, September 19, 2011

Yay!

So this is my first post of my second blog. Back in 2006 I attempted a blog of random rants but I did not keep it up--the last post I wrote was from 2008! I decided (inspired at dinner with 2 great friends--thanks Annette and Stephanie) I would try again, still including random rants, but also sharing specific creative and fun finds--art, fashion, design, photography, writing. It's a great outlet for me living away from a city and in a smaller town where access to those things, while available here and there, is not always easy to find. Thankfully, the web allows us to expand beyond our walls and share colorful things we find or that happen to find us. That's how the name 'Beyond the Beige 'Burbs' came to be (and yes, I live in a beige house with beige walls!).

For this first post, I wanted to share one of my favorite things hanging in our house. It is on the wall near my bed so I see it every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to bed. I love it--it makes me smile.


I found it at Marshalls (love Marshalls) framed for $19.99.  It is part of a series but I had no wall space for the others and it was the one I liked most. I had no idea who created it until I did a search and found it is by Alicia Ludwig. You can see the others in the series on All Posters.com here.

It's a cute reminder to belt it out whenever you feel like it.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment