Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Put On Your Red Shoes and Dance...

Here is a  fun fashion find I came upon in the extra discounted clearance rack (my favorite section).  Fun berry red suede boots from Off Fifth outlet store.  Now, if you know me you've never seen me wear red shoes--ever (not my kind of thing, or so I thought).  So it was to my surprise (and I know it will be to my sister's surprise) that I really really love these boots.  They are kind of ugly and cool at the same time (my kind of thing).

Saks brand comfy platform booties with 4" heel.

This is not something I would normally buy, which is probably why I did.  I sometimes look at items like this and start to have grand visions (grand delusions?) of wearing them somewhere fabulous and exciting (in this vision I am also super tall and able to wear skinny jeans)--when in reality I know I would never end up in those elaborate scenarios and I am barely 5'4".

It reminds me of one of my favorite commercials from one of my favorite stores:


The truth is, it's actually more meaningful (can shoes be meaningful?) to be able to wear them in reality--it's fun to breakout from the familiar and do something different to give sass to your step...and that pertains to more than just shoes.






No comments:

Post a Comment