Thursday, November 3, 2011

Inside the Creative Mind

One of my new favorite shows is on the OWN Network: 'Visionaries: Inside the Creative Mind'. I love it because I so appreciate how one's idea or a thought becomes 'something' and how that transformation takes place. It can be anything from art to fashion to written words and music. I am fascinated by the start and development of the process--what sparks the imagination to grow into a fire? I think a lot of it comes with who you are and how you were raised--the influences that are put upon you and then those that are chosen as you get older.

One of the most beautiful and creative collections ever: Alexander McQueen

One of my favorite performers is Gwen Stefani--I love her references in her music and clothing to growing up and living practically in the backyard of Disneyland Anaheim. Or I love that someone like James Cameron always had visions and dreams and was on the journey to develop Avatar years before it became a movie. I love how Alexander McQueen created his collections based not only on his style but also his background incorporating what was going on politically between Scotland and England. I love Shepard Fairey and his collages that have a political spin and his OBEY line...

How things manifest in one's mind as they develop into an adult and how those contribute to ideas will always interest me...not all art I understand or 'get' but I will always appreciate where it comes from and what was at the genesis of that vision.

LOVE!






No comments:

Post a Comment